In a sermon early in 1968, Martin Luther King Jr. quoted Jesus' words from Mark 10 about servanthood. Then he said,
"Everybody can be great, because everybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and your verb agree to serve. You don't have to know about Plato and Aristotle to serve. . . . You only need a heart full of grace, a soul generated by love."
When Jesus' disciples quarreled about who would get the places of honor in heaven, He told them:
"Whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant. And whoever of you desires to be first shall be slave of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many" (Mark 10:43-45).
I have to agree God's ways are really not our ways, we tend to equate leadership with lordship; But He equates leadership with servant-hood.
I wondered and asked myself... What is my understanding of greatness? Am I gladly serving, doing tasks that may be unnoticed? Is the purpose of my serving to please our Lord, rather than to gain the applause of people?
So i told myself "Into your hand I commit again with all I am for you Lord..."
If I am willing to be a servant, I can achieve true greatness. I hope to be greatly used by God. I want promotion! To a higher level, greater height! To be a person of influence, able to impact people and really be a "福", a blessing to many others...
"Excellence is the attention given to the details that leads to superior performance." - Pastor Kong
Let's start from serving! Let's start to be detail in the little things, detail in handling money and faithful in what belong to another man. Details Determine Destiny!
No comments:
Post a Comment